[comp.sys.mac] Ready Set Go 4.5 coffeecup bug

davidl@intelob.intel.com (David Levine) (07/05/89)

In article <186@ualtamts.BITNET> userDBUG@ualtamts.BITNET (Dan Berry) writes:
> Hmmmm... Well I'm not the most up on the versions or anything, but
> when v4.0 came out, we here at the UofA got v4.0a.  The difference
> that I noticed was that we got the French (Canadian) dictionary
> with it, and so it's v4.0<a>.  Or so I thought.

No, 4.0a was a minor bugfix release.  Only the earliest purchasers of
4.0 got 4.0; later purchasers got 4.0a (no, it's not "four-point-oh,
eh?" for Canada :-) ).

> >I wonder if    it'll show up before or after the mouse pad and coffee cup
> >Letraset promised me for upgrading to RSG 4.0.
>
> You know what else?  I'm ALSO still waiting to get my mouse pad &
> cup for getting v4.5!

I got my mouse pad (after waiting a long time), but it's really an
awful mouse pad.  If you didn't get one, don't expend any effort to
get it.  (Hey, what do you expect for free?)

The coffee cup, as far as I know, was a special offer called "Send Us
Your Best and We'll Send You Ours": you send samples of your work, and
if Letraset thinks they show off RSG they send you a set of coffee
cups.  I always meant to send in some samples, but I never did, so I
never expected any coffee cups.

            David D. Levine                BBBBBBBBB  IIII IIII NNN  NNNN TM
        Senior Technical Writer            BBBB  BBBB iiii iiii NNNN NNNN
                                           BBBBBBBBB  IIII IIII NNNNNNNNN
UUCP: ...[!uunet]!tektronix!biin!davidl    BBBB  BBBB IIII IIII NNNN NNNN
MX-Internet: <davidl@intelob.intel.com>    BBBBBBBBB  IIII IIII NNNN  NNN
ARPA: <@iwarp.intel.com:davidl@intelob.intel.com>