[comp.sys.mac] Moire 2.22 problem

carter@PORTIA.STANFORD.EDU ("Thomas J. Carter") (06/29/89)

I'm working on a Mac II with two Apple monitors: one is color,
the other is monochrome.  I tried using Moire 2.22 but unless
I set both monitors to 2 colors I had the following problem.
The monochrome monitor starts out black but as the Moire pattern
passes through each pixel on the screen, the screen's background
color is left white in that spot from then on.  Is there another
version of Moire that doesn't do this?  Is there any hack I can
do to Moire to make it work when the color monitor is left in color?
I really like Moire but it's not much of a screen "saver" if
ultimately one monitor is all white instead of something dark.
Thanks for any and all leads.

Tom Carter
carter@portia.stanford.edu

"I tawt I taw a puddy tat."

bernard.becker@canremote.uucp (BERNARD BECKER) (07/03/89)

Try getting a copy of Dimmer. I much prefer it to any of the more cute
screen savers.
<<BB>>
---
 * Via ProDoor 3.0R

jkjl@munnari.oz.au (John Keong-Jin Lim) (07/06/89)

In article <CMM.0.88.615073833.carter@portia.stanford.edu> carter@PORTIA.STANFORD.EDU ("Thomas J. Carter") writes:
>I'm working on a Mac II with two Apple monitors: one is color,
>the other is monochrome.  I tried using Moire 2.22 but unless
>I set both monitors to 2 colors I had the following problem.

>The monochrome monitor starts out black but as the Moire pattern
>passes through each pixel on the screen, the screen's background
>color is left white in that spot from then on.  Is there another
>version of Moire that doesn't do this?  Is there any hack I can
>do to Moire to make it work when the color monitor is left in color?

	The problem is that Moire draws in a colour (say orange)
	on the colour monitor but the orange colour is mapped to
	the wrong on the b&w monitor.

	The next version will attempt to fix the problem
	by using a custom search proc for matching colours.

		john lim