[comp.sys.mac] ?? How to dump screen with menu item selected?

Michael_H_Naber@cup.portal.com (07/06/89)

I seem to recall a discussion about how to dump one's screen when a menu
item is selected, quite a while ago.  At the time, I didn't care much, but
now have found a need for this feature.. Would some kind soul enlighten me,
please?

Thanks in advance,

Michael_H_Naber@cup.portal.com

HEACOCK@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Doug Heacock) (07/06/89)

In article <20166@cup.portal.com>, Michael_H_Naber@cup.portal.com writes:
> I seem to recall a discussion about how to dump one's screen when a menu
> item is selected, quite a while ago.  At the time, I didn't care much, but

Get the Camera desk accessory from the info-mac archives at
sumex-aim.stanford.edu.  If you are using System 6.0 or later, you will
probably need to apply the following patch to get it to work properly:

Replace all three occurrences of: 3F 3C 00 05 A9 C8
                            with: 4E 71 4E 71 4E 71

The patch isn't mine, and I can't remember where I saw it, but many
thanks to the person who posted it--it has resurrected a very useful DA.

If you need help obtaining Camera or applying the patch, let me know
via e-mail.
--
+===========================================+============================+
| Doug Heacock, Academic Computing Services | heacock@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu |

captkidd@athena.mit.edu (Ivan Cavero Belaunde) (07/06/89)

In article <20166@cup.portal.com> Michael_H_Naber@cup.portal.com writes:
>I seem to recall a discussion about how to dump one's screen when a menu
>item is selected, quite a while ago.  At the time, I didn't care much, but
>now have found a need for this feature.. Would some kind soul enlighten me,
>please?

I have this PD INIT I got from the BCS/Mac PD libraries
called MenuPicture that patches the menu manager so as
to register keypresses while menus are being pulled down.  This then allows
you to hit the FKEY and get the screendump.  I'll email it to you as soon
as I get it uploaded to Unix (ie today or tomorrow), or I'll post it if
there is enough interest.

>Michael_H_Naber@cup.portal.com

-Ivan

"War is Peace.  Freedom is Slavery.  Commons is Edible."

Internet: captkidd@athena.mit.edu