[comp.sys.mac] ResEdit 1.2<beta>4 problem :

LGEORGE@insted.unimelb.edu.au (Lord Vader) (06/21/89)

Hi.
I have recently received ResEdit 1.2<beta>4.

It looks great.  The windows are now resizable.  It now plays snds. Wonderful.
One problem.
I can't get ResMenu to work with it.  I pasted ResMenu 1.2b[something] into
ResEdit and every time I used it, it would run, but when I closed the MENU
resource then the Mac would crash.
Any ideas?
I'm using an SE 45+ HD, 2.5 M Ram, system 6.0.3 Aus version and Finder 6.1 Aus
version.
Thank you for any advice.

--
George Stamatopoulos					#### ###
La Trobe University -					#### ###

u-atgoat@wasatch.utah.edu (Alan Goates) (06/28/89)

  There is a newer version of ResEdit available (version 1.2 final), and I
have just completed an update to ResMENU that was tested using this version.
If you would like either or both of these, send a disk and return postage to:
  Alan Goates (OtherWare)
  310 S. 13th E. #3
  Salt Lake City, Utah  84102
Have fun,
Al

** When all is said and done, more will be said than done. **

lipa@polya.Stanford.EDU (William J. Lipa) (06/28/89)

In article <309@insted.unimelb.edu.au> LGEORGE@insted.unimelb.edu.au (Lord Vader) writes:
>I have recently received ResEdit 1.2<beta>4.
>One problem.
>I can't get ResMenu to work with it.

There is a new version of ResMenu in the /info-mac/tech directory at
sumex-aim.stanford.edu which is supposed to fix this problem. Haven't tried
it myself, though.

Bill

dce@Solbourne.COM (David Elliott) (06/28/89)

In article <10286@polya.Stanford.EDU> lipa@polya.Stanford.EDU (William J. Lipa) writes:
>There is a new version of ResMenu in the /info-mac/tech directory at
>sumex-aim.stanford.edu which is supposed to fix this problem. Haven't tried

I've been using it for a week or two now, and it works just fine,
whereas the previous ResMenu would prevent windows from being
closed (it still seemed to work somewhat with ResEdit 1.2, but wasn't
really useable).

--
David Elliott		dce@Solbourne.COM
			...!{boulder,nbires,sun}!stan!dce

news@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu (USENET News System) (07/06/89)

has anyone been able to get res cicn to work with resedit 1.2d?
From: dcc@ccvr1.uucp (Daniel Carr)

are there any other ways to edit a color icon (easily)?

thanks,

dcc@ccvr1.ncsu.edu      daniel@ncsuvm.BITNET    d.c.carr, GEnie

u-atgoat@wasatch.utah.edu (Alan Goates) (07/07/89)

  Get ResEdit 1.2 <release>, it has a cicn editor built in.
Al

Disclaimer: Yeah, yeah, yeah...