[comp.sys.mac] Disinfectant and Jasmine drives

ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (07/07/89)

Has anyone out there had much experience running Disinfectant on Jasmine
hard drives?  I seem to recall hearing somewhere that there might be some
compatability problems.

I ran Disinfectant 1.0 (an excellent program) on my Jasmine quite a lot. No
problems.  I got ahold of 1.1 and ran that.  It was one of three programs I ran
on the day when my Jasmine crashed with some sort of software problem. The boot
blocks or something were messed up; no problem with hardware or media. In the
end I had to reformat.

I don't mean to say that Disinfectant caused this, but it was one of the three
programs I ran that day, and I do remember hearing something about Disinfectant
and Jasmines somewhere (I think :->). It's an excellent program, but I'm a
little cautious about running it again.  Anybody else had any problems with it?

Robert
------
ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu
------
generic disclaimer: all my opinions are mine

mystone@caen.engin.umich.edu (Dean Yu) (07/07/89)

In article <4307@tank.uchicago.edu> ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:

>Has anyone out there had much experience running Disinfectant on Jasmine
>hard drives?  I seem to recall hearing somewhere that there might be some
>compatability problems.

  I've got an old style Direct Drive 40, and a newer Direct Drive 70, and they
both have no problems with any version of Disenfectant (Hi John!) that I've
used...

Dean Yu                            | E-mail: mystone@{sol,caen}.engin.umich.edu
University of Michigan             | Real-mail: Dean Yu
Computer Aided Engineering Network |            909 Church St
                                   | Phone: Given on a need to know basis, and
"I am the Merit Host.  I speak for |        only if you're going to offer me a
 the bitstream."  (In other words, |        job...
 these are my very own opinions;   |
 my employer wants to have nothing |===========================================
 to do with them, or me.)          |       This space available for rent