[comp.sys.mac] Re^2: Dumping Postscript to Disk rather than sending to printer?

ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) (07/08/89)

thecloud@dhw68k.cts.com (Ken McLeod) writes:

>>In article <2627@internal.Apple.COM> kessler@applelink.apple.com (Todd Kessler) writes:
>>>... Immediately
>>>after clicking OK, press "F" or "K" and you will get the "creating
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>>postscript file" message. ...

>  OK. After all this discussion, I found myself needing a PS dump of a
>Word document. Guess what: Microsoft Word 3.02 uses its OWN Laserwriter
>dialog, in which cmd-F is trapped in order to toggle a printing option
                  ^^^^^
>checkbox! Instead of "Creating PostScript(R) file", I always got a

Plz note that you don't need to hold down the cmd-key, a single "f" (or "k")
will do the job.

This question has been debated _several_ times in this group. Another question
is about including raw postscript code in a document. The answer is: make a
font called "Postscript Escape", then everything written in this font will be
understood as postscript commands. You could change the name of the escape-
font in the LW-driver: it's contained in a STR -resource (in my version
its ID is -8188).

These tricks are features in the LaserWriter driver. It doesen't matter what
program you use.                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you don't have a LW connected to your Mac you must use a System which
alredy have choosen a LW. Once this is done you could make your PS-files
at home. (Note: You must set AppleTalk to true.)

      /Olle