[comp.sys.mac] Complaint about LaCie Ltd

bernard.becker@canremote.uucp (BERNARD BECKER) (07/03/89)

I bought a LaCie kit and put a 40meg quantum drive into it. I got silver
Lining HD management software and SilverServer which is sort of a
combination of tops and NetModem software which lets you use a modem
attached to someone else on the networks machine.
Silverlining works well. I have not fully tested Silver Server.
What is Silver Platter supposed to do?
<<BB>>
---
 * Via ProDoor 3.0R

makmur@hardees.rutgers.edu (Hanz Makmur) (07/09/89)

In his privious article bernard.becker@canremote.uucp (BERNARD BECKER)
writes:
> What is Silver Platter supposed to do?
> <<BB>>

Silver platter is a utility that should work like NET SERIAL.
let me quote from the ads:

"We also throw in Silver Platter so you can share most serial devices
on your LocalTalk network." MacWeek Jan 245 1989 Vol3 No.4 p.37 "

There is a limited time where you get this device when you buy a
Cirrus drive. As of now, they do not give it free anymore because the
device does not exist. I bought the device when they free offer still
stand and I am worry if I will ever get it at all
-------
Hanz Makmur