[net.wanted] MSDOS UUCP

lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) (01/21/85)

From lauren Sun Jan 20 18:54 PST 1985 remote from vortex
Date: Sun, 20-Jan-85 18:54:03 PST
From: Lauren Weinstein <vortex!lauren@RAND-UNIX.ARPA>
Subject: MSDOS UUCP
To: felix!pertec!chrsbmw
CC: UNIX-WIZARDS@BRL

My MSDOS UUCP package (which is the end result of over a year of almost
full time work on my part) is finished -- the holdup is installation
and user level docs.  Installation, in particular, might be a little
tricky for people who know *nothing* about MSDOS or UNIX.  The package
has a fancy mail program (with 822 compatibility where possible, and
a cron-like program for handling incoming calls and scheduling outgoing
calls/work.  It allows generation of outgoing and acceptance of incoming
netnews.  I'm assuming people have at least 256K to run the entire
package.  It'll run on floppies, but of course floppies are slow
and don't give you much room for incoming mail.

As I've mentioned in the past, the MSDOS UUCP turned into a massive
amount of work--*much* more than I had planned for.  Still, now that
it all seems to be working, I can hopefully relax a little.

--Lauren--