[comp.sys.mac] WANTED: Mini DIN-8 Connectors, PC-mount

krisl@hpindwa.HP.COM (Kris Livingston) (07/11/89)

Greetings Netters!

I think this subject may have been discussed before, but I wasn't interested
back then, so please don't flame me.  I am looking for a source for the
8-pin mini DIN socket just like the kind that's in the Macintosh.  I need
the printed circuit board mount, 90 degree angle variety, exactly like the
one's that are soldered to the Mac's logic board.  I have checked with all
the obvious sources (Jameco, JDR, DigiKey, and several Bay Area surplus
stores), but they only have cable-mount, or panel-mount styles--not the PC-
mount that I need.  I may need as many as 200 or so, so quantity purchasing
isn't a problem.

If anyone can direct me to a source for these elusive connectors, I'd really
appreciate it.  You can Email me, or post it (I read the notes regularly).

Thanks,
Kris Livingston
krisl@hpindwa.hp.com

Disclaimer:  HP has no idea why I'm interested in these things!
	     I speak for myself.

englandr@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Scott Englander) (07/11/89)

Ditto.  Looking for the exact same thing.  Thanks.
--

                                               - Scott

pophal@nicmad.UUCP (Gerry Pophal) (07/13/89)

In article <36400001@hpindwa.HP.COM> krisl@hpindwa.HP.COM (Kris Livingston) writes:
>Greetings Netters!
>
>I think this subject may have been discussed before, but I wasn't interested
>back then, so please don't flame me.  I am looking for a source for the
>8-pin mini DIN socket just like the kind that's in the Macintosh.  I need

I've found these connectors in the LZR catalog page 25. Their address is
8174 Beechcraft Avenue  Gaithersburg, MD 20879 Tel.301-921-9440
They cost less than a dollar each in their 87-88 catalog.