[comp.sys.mac] Mac SE Int. Hard Driver Recommendations

rmcneil@bbn.com (Richard McNeil) (07/13/89)

Last week, my Mac SE 20 Meg. internal hard drive died.  I'm looking to replace
it with a cheap 40 Meg. internal (under $500?).  Can anyone offer
recommendations on manufacturers, mail order distributors, etc.  I'm really in
the dark.  Please e-mail any help you can offer.  Thanks.

								Rich

Richard McNeil
rmcneil@bbn.com
...!harvard!bbn.com!rmcneil

HONORS@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (07/18/89)

In article <42645@bbn.COM>, rmcneil@bbn.com (Richard McNeil) writes:
> Last week, my Mac SE 20 Meg. internal hard drive died.  I'm looking to replace
> it with a cheap 40 Meg. internal (under $500?).  Can anyone offer
> recommendations on manufacturers, mail order distributors, etc.  I'm really in
> the dark.  Please e-mail any help you can offer.  Thanks.

 								Rich
One suggestion...  AVOID CMS drives!  I got a CMS internal 40 and within 2
months I had to take it in 5-6 times...  They eventually replaced the entire
drive, but now, about a year later, some blocks went out, and now it has died
completely.  AVOID.
Travis Butler