[comp.sys.mac] Deskjet Printer Drivers

gkj@doc.ic.ac.uk (Guido K Jouret) (07/24/89)

----- News saved at 24 Jul 89 14:33:22 GMT

I just received my copy of Jetlink Express from GDT yesterday and it
works like a charm.  Just drag the driver and outline fonts into the
system folder, select the driver with the chooser and voila!

It seems to work with most all the software packages I've tried (e.g.
Word 4, MacDraw II, Superpaint, Cricket-Graph, etc.)  The use of the
outline fonts is transparent to the user and gives *excellent* results
on my Deskjet+.  The driver will go to speeds of up to 57K bps, and
in the draft mode will try to use the internal font cartridges.

The driver also seems to use some techniques to speed up the printing
of text and graphics.  It certainly is *much* faster than the PD driver
I was using before.

is that text that is rotated is not printed in outline form but in direct
pixel format.  Still.  Not a big problem if your major application is
word-processing.  Laser-quality output at a non-laser price...

gkj...

! email:  gkj@uk.ac.ic.doc
! address:
!    Dept. of Computing
!    Imperial College of Science, Tech. & Med.
!    London SW7 2AZ
!    U.K.
! tel:  44-1-994-0383
From: gkj@doc.ic.ac.uk (Guido K Jouret)