[comp.sys.mac] problems with Virtual

ollef@tarrega.uucp (Olle Furberg) (07/24/89)

I have problems with Virtual and my MacIIx: when the init loads the
Mac just hangs. Sometimes it hangs after the _second_ occurence of
the happy Mac, but mostly before it.

What's wrong????  After 5 or 6 resets it boots with Virtual. I've replaced
the init with a fresch copy, but it doesn't help.

   /Olle

brinko@portia.Stanford.EDU (Alan "Brinko" Kobrin) (07/25/89)

In article <1989Jul23.201907.2447@tarrega.uucp> ollef@tarrega.uucp (Olle Furberg) writes:

> I have problems with Virtual and my MacIIx: when the init loads the
> Mac just hangs.
>
> What's wrong????
>
>   /Olle

Scott Fought with Connectix's customer support says that it sounds like
you have an ethernet card.  The latest version of the software should fix
the problem, but he would need more detail to be sure.

You can reach Connectix in Menlo Park, California, at (415) 324-0727.
As you appear to posting from Sweden, you may prefer to contact them by
FAX at (415) 324-2958.  You should send details regarding your system's
configuration and how they can reply to you.

Brinko

ollef@sics.se (Olle Furberg) (07/25/89)

brinko@portia.Stanford.EDU (Alan "Brinko" Kobrin) writes:

>In article <1989Jul23.201907.2447@tarrega.uucp> ollef@tarrega.uucp (Olle Furberg) writes:
>>
>> I have problems with Virtual and my MacIIx: when the init loads the
>> Mac just hangs.
>>
>> What's wrong????
>>
>Scott Fought with Connectix's customer support says that it sounds like
>you have an ethernet card.  The latest version of the software should fix

No ethernet card but...

Apperantly Virtual 1.04 is not compatible with System 6.03 on a MacIIx.
After reinstalling the "old" 6.02 I have no problems with Virtual.
Maybe I should upgrade my copy of Virtual, what's the latest version?

I haven't got any upgrade from Connectix. On the other hand, I'm not sure
we have sent in our registration card...

   /Olle