[comp.sys.mac] White text on black

wilson@csli.Stanford.EDU (Nathan Wilson) (07/26/89)

I'm sure this has come up before but I don't remember any good
techniques.  Is there a way to get white text on a black
background to come out on a LaserWriter II NTX short of writing
it in postscript?
	Thanks,
		Nathan Wilson
		Teleos Research

E-mail would be fine.  If reply doesn't work try:
	nathan%teleos.com@ai.sri.com

kent@lloyd.camex.uucp (Kent Borg) (07/26/89)

In article <9839@csli.Stanford.EDU> wilson@csli.Stanford.EDU (Nathan Wilson) writes:
>I'm sure this has come up before but I don't remember any good
>techniques.  Is there a way to get white text on a black
>background to come out on a LaserWriter II NTX short of writing
>it in postscript?

Under the File menu, in Page Setup..., click the Options button.  In
the next dialog are some nifty check boxes.  One of them is "Invert
Image".  Play with them all.

Kent Borg
kent@lloyd.uucp
or
...!husc6!lloyd!kent

Lou@cup.portal.com (William Joseph Marriott) (07/27/89)

It depends on the program you are using. Most word processors
require that you know postscript before they let you print in
reversed type. Most desktop publishing packages let you set this
attribute directly, however. If you're using a drawing program,
you'll want to either "color" your text white and make the back-
ground black, or try using outlined or shadowed text on a black
background.