[comp.sys.mac] Scrapz Demo or not, what's the difference ?

xxiaoye@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Xiaoxia Ye) (07/22/89)

I recently downloarded Scrapz DA Demo 1.0.  It looked really cute.  Does
anyone know what the difference is between the real and this demo
version?  In the about box, they just advertised their real version and
didn't mention the fate this Demo version.  Is this demo version
Shareware... Crippleware or Noware ?

Thanks.

Xiaoxia  Ye          INTERNET/BITNET/UUCP: xxiaoye@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Dartmouth College    For more info: finger xxiaoye@eleazar.dartmouth.edu

ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Andy J. Williams) (07/26/89)

In article <14594@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> xxiaoye@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Xiaoxia Ye) writes:
>I recently downloarded Scrapz DA Demo 1.0.  It looked really cute.  Does
>anyone know what the difference is between the real and this demo
>version?  In the about box, they just advertised their real version and
>didn't mention the fate this Demo version.  Is this demo version
>Shareware... Crippleware or Noware ?

The demo doesn't import anything.

It looks like a neat program, however, it falls into the same category
DAtabase falls into (I checked out DAtabase for 48 hours through
MacConnection's MBG program) which is:  It's really neat, but it
sure isn't worth the price.

-ajw

Andy J. Williams '90  |           <hello>           | ack@dartvax.dartmouth.edu
31 North Main Street  |  set $NAME='inigo_montoya'  |        Systems Programmer
Hanover NH, 03755     |     You kill -9 my ppid     | Kiewit Computation Center
603-643-2177          |        prepare to vi        |         Dartmouth College

sund@tde.lth.se (Lars Sundstr|m) (07/27/89)

In article <14594@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> xxiaoye@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Xiaoxia Ye) writes:
>I recently downloarded Scrapz DA Demo 1.0.  It looked really cute.  Does
>anyone know what the difference is between the real and this demo
>version?  In the about box, they just advertised their real version and
>didn't mention the fate this Demo version.  Is this demo version
>Shareware... Crippleware or Noware ?
>
>Thanks.

By convention the Demo version is freeware. This version doesn't
have the import feature and it only allows you to have 2 groups
with 5 items each.

Lars Sundstroem