[comp.sys.mac] MasterJuggler 1.5 / NCSA Telnet font weirdness???

t-jacobs@wasatch.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs) (07/28/89)

I upgraded my Master Juggler to 1.5 and now Telnet gives me
text which is spaced out as in "s p a c e d". The problem
goes away if I turn off the Juggler. The problem did not go
away when I switched back to 1.16 Juggler!!! I also switched
to 2.3 Telnet at the same time but switching back to 2.2 doesn't
fix the problem.

I suspect it has something to do with font management that
the Juggler does.

I don't get this weirdness in any other applications.

Any Ideas?

--
Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * UofU * t-jacobs@wasatch.utah.edu

jhc@vax5.CIT.CORNELL.EDU (07/28/89)

In article <2258@wasatch.utah.edu> t-jacobs@wasatch.utah.edu (Tony Jacobs) writes:
>I upgraded my Master Juggler to 1.5 and now Telnet gives me
>text which is spaced out as in "s p a c e d". The problem
>goes away if I turn off the Juggler. The problem did not go
>away when I switched back to 1.16 Juggler!!! I also switched
>to 2.3 Telnet at the same time but switching back to 2.2 doesn't
>fix the problem.
>I suspect it has something to do with font management that
>the Juggler does.

It may be possible that there is a font number conflict.

NCSA Telnet will react as you mentioned any time the selected font is pro-
portionally spaced.  (What happens is that the width of the widest character
is used for all characters so that the text continues to line up in columns.)
Therefore, I would have to assume that Telnet is using a font other than
Monaco for the window.  You could try selecting Monaco from the font menu
and see if that clears the problem.

Oh, ja, before I forget, I've not had any problems running SuitcaseII
(either 1.2.3 or 1.2.2) with Telnet 2.2 or 2.3.

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr.          "Entropy isn't what it used to be."
jhc@Crnlvax5.BITNET            --c/o Fortune @ batcomputer.UUCP