[comp.sys.mac] Mac Upgrade Prices

gford@nunki.usc.edu (Gregory Ford) (07/28/89)

A while back, someone posted a request to see how much it
would cost for logic upgrades for certain Macs...So, here
is the list for Macs at the USC EduTech Store.

Mac IIx Logic Upgrade		$3,160.00
Mac SE/30 Logic Upgrade		$1,375.00
Mac Plus Logic Upgrade		  $380.00
Mac Plus 800K Upgrade Kit	  $266.00
Mac 1.4Mb Upgrade		  $356.00

* all prices do not include mandatory in-house $55.00 labor fee
* Prices as of 7/14/89

The price of the Mac IIx upgrade alone makes me think I may just
as well go out and by a bare bones IIx, so I effectively get the
FDHD Drive free.

Oh yeah...prices good for USC faculty/staff/students only...sorry guys!
* Greg Ford				GEnie:    G.FORD3		      *
* University of Southern California	Internet: gford%nunki.usc.edu@usc.edu *

mccabe@cod.NOSC.MIL (Sherrie Mccabe) (07/29/89)

In article <4537@merlin.usc.edu> gford@nunki.usc.edu (Gregory Ford) writes:
>A while back, someone posted a request to see how much it
>would cost for logic upgrades for certain Macs...So, here
>is the list for Macs at the USC EduTech Store.
>
>Mac SE/30 Logic Upgrade		$1,375.00
>
>Oh yeah...prices good for USC faculty/staff/students only...sorry guys!

   I just finished discussions with one of the larger San Diego Mac
   commercial outlets regarding the SE/030 Upgrade - Their price for
   the package is somewhat convaluted in that the turn-in of the old
   mother board is not 'discounted', but the bottom line price for
   a walk-in customer was $ 1440.00 which is compared to Apple's suggested
   retail of $ 1699 (as I recall). Incidentally, the sales rep. checked
   with the repair/maintenance shop and they had only installed two of
   these SEx upgrade kits - this from a dealer that moves about 6-8 full
   Mac systems daily. I guess nobody is upgrading.
   r/ Pat
      malone@cod.Nosc.MIL

ts@cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) (07/29/89)

Are these prices before or after the return of the old motherboard?

						Tim Smith

gford@nunki.usc.edu (Gregory Ford) (07/30/89)

> Are these prices before or after the return of the old motherboard?
>
>                                                Tim Smith

These prices are the prices you pay when you turn in the computer
to our repair department and you get it back X number of days later.
Therefore, after I suppose.  There is no refund.

Greg