[comp.sys.mac] EtherPort SE/30 and NCSA Telenet

mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu (Mike McCann) (08/02/89)

I am interested in getting an Ethernet card for my SE/30.  From what I
hear the Kinetics EtherPort SE/30 is the only Ethernet card made for the
SE/30 now.  Have you heard of any others made for the SE/30.  How do you
like the EtherPort SE/30?  How compatible is it with NCSA Telenet?

Thanks for any help you can offer,

--
Mike McCann       (803) 656-3714   Internet = mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu
Poole Computer Center (Box P-21)       UUCP = gatech!hubcap!mmccann

truesdel@ics.uci.edu (Scott Truesdell) (08/02/89)

mmccann@hubcap.clemson.edu (Mike McCann) writes:

>I am interested in getting an Ethernet card for my SE/30.  From what I
>hear the Kinetics EtherPort SE/30 is the only Ethernet card made for the
>SE/30 now.  Have you heard of any others made for the SE/30.  How do you
>like the EtherPort SE/30?  How compatible is it with NCSA Telenet?

I have been using an EtherPort SE/30 since they first became available.

Installation was straightforward and operation has been transparent.
It works just fine with NCSA Telnet 2.2 (the last pre-MacTCP version).
I haven't taken the time to convert over to MacTCP on any machines yet.

I ftp'ed it from a Mac IIx w/ EtherPort II and was able to cruise around
the directories just fine.

  --scott

  Claimer:  I speak for everybody.

--
Scott Truesdell

amanda@intercon.uu.net (Amanda Walker) (08/02/89)

Dove Computer Corporation also makes an SE/30 board, called
the FastNet/30 or something like that.  Should work great with
NCSA Telnet.

--
Amanda Walker
InterCon Systems Corporation