[comp.sys.mac] Mac 3D graphics/animation packages

milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) (08/02/89)

I'm interested in hearing opinions from people who have used various Mac
3d graphics/animation packages.

One of the major thing's I'm looking for is a program with a good 3d model
editor that can handle articulated models without too much trouble.

Something with a motion scriptor for creating animations would also be a plus.

I'm looking for something that can produce high quality images, suitable for
photographing or recording on videotape.  And (hopefully) with some form of
low-resolution preview mode that can be used to produce quick test animations
before investing hours (days) generating high-quality ones.

Greg Corson
19141 Summers Drive
South Bend, IN 46637
(219) 277-5306
{pur-ee,rutgers,uunet}!iuvax!ndmath!milo

hallett@mrsvr.UUCP (Jeff Hallett) (08/03/89)

In article <1500@ndmath.UUCP>, milo@ndmath.UUCP (Greg Corson) writes:
> I'm interested in hearing opinions from people who have used various Mac
> 3d graphics/animation packages.

Try Super3D from Silicon Beach.  It has some pretty nice built-in features
for doing autorotation/increment/scale.  Handles Bezier curves, 24bit color,
most of the nice, fuzzy details and has the scripting that you want.  I
believe you can even hot-link your pictures to VideoWorks II to take
advantage of the more powerful animators there, if you need it.

Enjoy - I only have version 1 (can't afford the update to 2 yet), but it is
fun, nevertheless.

Jeffrey Hallett, PET Software Engineer
GE Medical Systems, Box 414
Milwaukee, WI  53201