[comp.sys.mac] Bad Names? WriteNow startup problems

lsn@macbeth.cs.duke.edu (Lars S. Nyland) (08/03/89)

I need help.  Some of the time, when I double-click a WriteNow
document, I get a message about not being able to find the application,
with an error number of -37.  Looking in the SystemError DA, I see the
message:
	bdNamErr	There may be no bad names in the final system!

What does this mean?  How do I fix it?

Thanks for any help.

lsn@macbeth.cs.duke.edu (Lars S. Nyland) (08/04/89)

From: Ed Darken <erd@lear>
To: lsn@lear
Subject: writenow

your writenow query prompted me into a call to tmaker, since i've
been seeing the same sort of behavior (and worse when i create a
document in the folder containing writenow itself -- the document
doesn't appear until i close the folder and reopen it). the writenow
tech support guy said they've gotten many reports of the -37 error
and duplicated it, even on a stripped down system. they haven't been
able to determine yet whether it's something in their program or
in the multifinder. he said some other applications have exhibited
the same behavior, too. Oh boy.

-----
So it seems that there is nothing to be done, until WN 2.1 or perhaps
System 7...  Oh well.