[comp.sys.mac] FlowFazer Bug

phil@vaxphw.dec.com (Phil Hunt) (08/03/89)

Hi,

I have been trying the new 'screen saver' CDEV/INIT called Flow Fazer and have
run across 2 bugs...

1)  It doesn't like multi-screened macs.  It doesn't go across both screens AND
it crashes the mac with address error if a second screen is present as soon as
it 'wakes up'

2)  Sometimes...It will not activate...The CDEV says 'No Buffer allocated' or
something like that.  No matter what button I push, it doesn't activate....

Any ideas?

Phil Hunt                      "Wherever you go, there you are!!!"
Digital Equipment Corporation                 Phone: (508)486-2164
ENET:        VAXPHW::PHIL
USENET:      phil@vaxphw.dec.com
MOREUSENET:  phil%vaxphw.dec@decwrl.dec.com
EVENMORE:    ....!decwrl!dec-vaxphw!phil

cy@dbase.UUCP (Cy Shuster) (08/08/89)

In article <3926@shlump.nac.dec.com> phil@vaxphw.dec.com (Phil Hunt) writes:
>I have been trying the new 'screen saver' CDEV/INIT called Flow Fazer and have
>run across 2 bugs...
>1)  It doesn't like multi-screened macs...
>2)  Sometimes...It will not activate...

Can't help with these, but the worst problem I have with it is that it
sometimes interrupts running applications, i.e., MPW, Apple File Exchange.
Clicking the mouse gets things going again, but it's awful to come back
to your machine and find that it didn't let your compile finish. Set the
inactive time high.

Less damaging, but still annoying, is that it doesn't background (forget
using it on a TOPS server), and that sometimes upon returning to MPW, all
the windows are left black, as well as the menu bar. This is with ff v.90.

--Cy--