[comp.sys.mac] linking code generated by Lightspeed Pascal and Lightspeed C

mescobr@umb.umb.edu (Martha L. Escobar) (08/08/89)

Does anyone know how to link code written in Lightspeed Pascal to code
written in Lightspeed C?

Thanks in advance

Martha Escobar
mescobr@umb.umb.edu

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (08/08/89)

In article <877@umb.umb.edu> mescobr@umb.umb.edu (Martha L. Escobar) writes:
>Does anyone know how to link code written in Lightspeed Pascal to code
>written in Lightspeed C?

	If you're using LightspeedC 3.0 and Lightspeed Pascal 2.0, you can
build your C code as a library, and add it directly to a Lightspeed Pascal
project. Some restrictions apply: the routines written in C must be
declared "pascal", string or floating-point constants aren't supported,
and static or global initializations aren't supported.

Otherwise, it works; parts of Lightspeed Pascal were written with LightspeedC.

R.

 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

"When it comes to my health, I think of my body as a temple - or at least
a moderately well-managed Presbyterian youth center." - Emo Phillips