[comp.sys.mac] Avoiding switchlaunches

mdm@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Michael D. McDaniel) (08/07/89)

Hello.   I am looking for a way to avoid switchlaunches.  I have a hard
disk and want to boot from a floppy and keep the startup there.  But I want
to be able to run applications from the Hard Disk.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance!
please e-mail responses to:

| Michael McDaniel                              Dartmouth Class of 1991  |
| Usenet (UUCP):       ...!{harvard,linus,inhp4}!dartvax!mdm             |
| Internet/BITNET:          mdm@dartmouth.edu                            |
| Spock:  I was attempting the hell to communicate.                      |

mec@mtfmi.att.com (M.CONNICK) (08/08/89)

>In article <14872@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> mdm@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Michael D. McDaniel) writes:
>Hello.   I am looking for a way to avoid switchlaunches.  I have a hard
>disk and want to boot from a floppy and keep the startup there.  But I want
>to be able to run applications from the Hard Disk.
>
>Is there any way to do this?

Run under MultiFinder. MF doesn't allow switchlaunches.

Michael Connick    att!mtfmi!mec        201-957-3057
AT&T Bell Labs     MT 3F-113	        (Dept. 79153)

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (08/09/89)

In article <1306@mtfmi.att.com> mec@mtfmi.UUCP (79153-M.CONNICK) writes:
|>In article <14872@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> mdm@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Michael D. McDaniel) writes:
|>Hello.   I am looking for a way to avoid switchlaunches.  I have a hard
|>disk and want to boot from a floppy and keep the startup there.  But I want...
|>Is there any way to do this?
|
|Run under MultiFinder. MF doesn't allow switchlaunches.

Or, if MF is a bad idea, the only other way I can think of is to
temporarily disable the hard disk as a system disk by moving the
Finder or System file (but not both) out of the System Folder
temporarily.

	/JBL
=
UUCP:     levin@bbn.com (new) or {backbone}!bbn!levin (old)