[comp.sys.mac] What to do in Boston during MacWorld...

omh@cs.brown.edu (Owen M. Hartnett) (08/07/89)

Every year the Boston Computer Society's MacTechGroup gives awards to
Macintosh "Wizards" - people who are found to be instrumental in furthering
the cause of the Macintosh.  This year's award will be to Alan Kay, who is
always an interesting speaker, even to non-programmers.  Alan Kay will be
giving a lecture at 9:00 on Thursday August 10, followed by a Jolt and
Snickers reception (there will probably be some other soft drinks available).
Previous Wizards were Andy Hertzfeld, Steve Capps, Scott Knaster, and Mike
Kahl (of Lightspeed C fame) and these meetings are always well attended
and enjoyable.

On Friday, August 11, at 7:00, members of Apple's MPW development team, will
be by to show us the latest developments in MPW.  Both meetings are great
in that you get a chance to talk with some really interesting people
afterwards, as well.

Both meetings are *free* and open to the general public.  The meetings are
held at MIT Sloan School, Building E51, third floor auditorium (corner of
Wadsworth Street and Memorial Drive) in Cambridge, MA.  There is a subway
line (the Red line) right nearby which is the same subway line nearest to
the Bayside Expo Center.  You'll want to get off at the Kendall stop.

I'll probably be moderating both sessions, so c'mon down and say hello.
If you need further directions, stop by the Boston computer society's booth
at MacWorld and ask somebody who looks like a wizard.

-Owen

Owen Hartnett
Brown University Computer Science

omh@cs.brown.edu.CSNET

andyp@gvgpvd.GVG.TEK.COM (Andy Peterman) (08/08/89)

In article <12056@brunix.UUCP> omh@cs.brown.edu (Owen M. Hartnett) writes:

>...  Alan Kay will be giving a lecture at 9:00 on Thursday August 10, ...

and

>On Friday, August 11, at 7:00, members of Apple's MPW development team, will
>be by to show us the latest developments in MPW.  ...

Are these times AM or PM???

	Andy

omh@brunix (Owen M. Hartnett) (08/09/89)

In article <1161@gvgpvd.GVG.TEK.COM> andyp@gvgpvd.GVG.TEK.COM (Andy Peterman) writes:
>In article <12056@brunix.UUCP> omh@cs.brown.edu (Owen M. Hartnett) writes:
>
>>...  Alan Kay will be giving a lecture at 9:00 on Thursday August 10, ...
>
>and
>
>>On Friday, August 11, at 7:00, members of Apple's MPW development team, will
>>be by to show us the latest developments in MPW.  ...
>
>Are these times AM or PM???

Sorry.  All times are PM, at night.