[comp.sys.mac] Is anyone getting comp.binaries.mac?

magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) (08/05/89)

Has anyone out there seen anything in comp.binaries.mac lately?  The last
thing that arrived here was Spacestation Pheta 1.5 (part 3 of 6).  Is
it vacation time, or is the Chicago area having feed problems?

(for ref: the last msg. here was  Message-ID: <25220@dhw68k.cts.com> )

Thanks to any and all (I'll summerize if it seems warrented).

--
	------------    ------------   ----------------------
	Ben Liberman    USENET         magik@chinet.chi.il.us

ted@hpwrce.HP.COM ( Ted Johnson) (08/07/89)

>Has anyone out there seen anything in comp.binaries.mac lately?  The last
>thing that arrived here was Spacestation Pheta 1.5 (part 3 of 6).  Is
>it vacation time, or is the Chicago area having feed problems?

Nothing has come through here (Mountain View, CA) recently either.

-Ted

pasek@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Michael A. Pasek) (08/07/89)

In article <9173@chinet.chi.il.us> magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) writes:
>Has anyone out there seen anything in comp.binaries.mac lately?  The last
>thing that arrived here was Spacestation Pheta 1.5 (part 3 of 6).

I posted the same message last week, but got no replies....at least the group
isn't getting swallowed by the "blue" folks around here!

How do I (as a person who knows diddly-squat about uucp, etc) try to find
out what's happened to comp.binaries.mac ?  (I sure miss them!)

M. A. Pasek          Switching Software Development         NCR Comten, Inc.
(612) 638-7668              CNG Development               2700 N. Snelling Ave.
pasek@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM                               Roseville, MN  55113

bruceh@mentor.com (Bruce Holm) (08/08/89)

From article <9173@chinet.chi.il.us>, by magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman):

> Has anyone out there seen anything in comp.binaries.mac lately?  The last
> thing that arrived here was Spacestation Pheta 1.5 (part 3 of 6).  Is
> it vacation time, or is the Chicago area having feed problems?

No, our site has not seen any activity lately, either.  In fact our last
posting is the same one you mention.  But then maybe we are downstream from
your site??

> Thanks to any and all (I'll summerize if it seems warrented).

Yes, please do if you hear anything pertinent.

--Bruce Holm

--
** These are my opinions, & not necessarily those of Mentor Graphics Corp. **
Bruce Holm, Design/Analysis Div. /  (503) 626-7000

dcbii@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (dcbii) (08/08/89)

In article <9173@chinet.chi.il.us> magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) writes:

>Has anyone out there seen anything in comp.binaries.mac lately?  The last
>thing that arrived here was Spacestation Pheta 1.5 (part 3 of 6).  Is
>it vacation time, or is the Chicago area having feed problems?
>
>(for ref: the last msg. here was  Message-ID: <25220@dhw68k.cts.com> )
>
>Thanks to any and all (I'll summerize if it seems warrented).
>
>--
>	------------    ------------   ----------------------
>	Ben Liberman    USENET         magik@chinet.chi.il.us
>	                GEnie,Delphi   MAGIK

The situation seems the same here, too.  I've talked to the local uucp, usenet,
unix, and mail gurus, and am sure that the messages are not being cut off
at this site alone.  Perhaps the moderator(s) are having troubles on their
end.  They really should have posted a message if they were going on vacation.

Dave Barnhart
NCR Corp.
Engineering & Manufacturing
West Columbia, SC  29169

jones@optilink.UUCP (Marvin Jones) (08/08/89)

In article <1428@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM>, pasek@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Michael A. Pasek) writes:
> In article <9173@chinet.chi.il.us> magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) writes:
> >Has anyone out there seen anything in comp.binaries.mac lately?  The last
> >thing that arrived here was Spacestation Pheta 1.5 (part 3 of 6).

I always have thought it strange that there was so much activity in
comp.sys.mac, but literally NO traffic in comp.binaries.mac.  Optilink has been on the net for nearly two years, and we have never seen any activity in this
newsgroup.  Who is breaking the chain?

bklaas@cmdfs2.intel.com (Brian Klaas~) (08/09/89)

Comp.binaries.mac is not getting here either.....

** Brian Klaas, Design Engineer     ***  DISCLAIMER:  All opinions           **
** Intel Corporation                ***     stated here are strictly my own. **
** InterNET ->  bklaas%sedona.intel.com@relay.cs.NET                  UUCP:  **
** {hplabs,decwrl,oliveb,pur-ee,qantel,amdcad}!intelca!mipos3!sedona!bklaas  **

eam@aiai.ed.ac.uk (Emilio Agustin) (08/09/89)

In article <7380027@hpwrce.HP.COM> ted@hpwrce.HP.COM ( Ted Johnson) writes:
>>Has anyone out there seen anything in comp.binaries.mac lately?  The last
>>thing that arrived here was Spacestation Pheta 1.5 (part 3 of 6).  Is
>>it vacation time, or is the Chicago area having feed problems?
>
>Nothing has come through here (Mountain View, CA) recently either.
>
>-Ted

Nothing in this side of the atlantic either!

Emilio.