[comp.sys.mac] Inside Macintosh Vol IV

d88-sli@nada.kth.se (Stefan Lindmark) (08/08/89)

Is there any reason for me to buy Inside Mac Vol IV, if I'm writing
programs using my SE/30 and already have vols I-III + V ?

Are there anything in Vol IV that is important to me if I want my
progs to cooperate with the Plus?
  Stefan Lindmark, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
  "You know me, and I sure know you. Everyone of you!" Front 242

stores@unix.SRI.COM (Matt Mora) (08/08/89)

In article <1398@draken.nada.kth.se> d88-sli@nada.kth.se (Stefan Lindmark) writes:
>Is there any reason for me to buy Inside Mac Vol IV, if I'm writing
>programs using my SE/30 and already have vols I-III + V ?
>
>Are there anything in Vol IV that is important to me if I want my
>progs to cooperate with the Plus?

Volume IV has a completly rewritten Chapter on the file manager. It
also covers new resource manager calls,SCSI Manager and new QD calls
and a bunch of others. It might be agood Idea to get it. :-)

Matthew Mora
SRI International                       stores@unix.sri.com

han@Apple.COM (Byron Han) (08/10/89)

Volume IV also describes HFS which might be key if you are doing any fancy
file handling...
| Disclaimer: Apple has no connection with my postings.                       |
Byron Han, Communications Scapegoat   At Apple, we change the world everyday.
20525 Mariani Ave, MS27Y              Internet: han@apple.COM
Cupertino, CA 95014                   UUCP:{sun,voder,nsc,decwrl}!apple!han
------------------------------------  GENIE:BYRONHAN   CompuServe:72167,1664
ATTnet: 408-974-6450                  Applelink:HAN1   HAN1@applelink.apple.COM