[comp.sys.mac] Life on a big screen?

cca@pur-phy (Charles C. Allen) (08/10/89)

None of the versions of life at sumex work on a Mac II, with or
without MultiFinder, regardless of the # colors.  Does anybody know of
an implementation that does work on a big screen?

Charles Allen		cca@newton.physics.purdue.edu

larryh@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Larry Hutchinson) (08/10/89)

In article <2428@pur-phy> cca@pur-phy (Charles C. Allen) writes:
>None of the versions of life at sumex work on a Mac II, with or
>without MultiFinder, regardless of the # colors.  Does anybody know of
>an implementation that does work on a big screen?

I am the author of LAZLife.

Version 2.1 works fine on a big screen as long as the display is in 1 bit mode.

It's kinda old -- I haven't made any changes since '87 and that was just
to get it to run on big screens.  I have been trying to find the time
and/or enthusiasm to modernize it a bit.  Color and user definable
rules are on the wish list.

At any rate, if you life fans out there can't find it locally, send me mail
and I will send you a copy.  If I get enough requests, I will send it to
comp.sys.mac.binaries instead.  If you are really antsy and just couldn't
possibly wait that long, let me know and I will mail directly regardless.

Larry Hutchinson, Tektronix, Inc. PO Box 500, MS 50-383, Beaverton, OR 97077
UUCP:   [uunet|ucbvax|decvax|hplabs]!tektronix!tekgvs!larryh
ARPA:   larryh%tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM@RELAY.CS.NET
CSNet:  larryh@tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM