[comp.sys.mac] What happened to comp.binaries.mac?

thomas@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Thomas Summerall) (08/08/89)

Is it just us, or has comp.binaries.mac been inactive for a week?

Thomas Summerall
thomas@eleazar.dartmouth.edu

nagel@paris.ics.uci.edu (Mark Nagel) (08/09/89)

thomas@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Thomas Summerall) writes:

>Is it just us, or has comp.binaries.mac been inactive for a week?

There was an announcement in news.config by the sysadmin of dhw68k
(the site Roger posts from) last week stating that that system was
going to be inoperational for a little while due to hardware
problems.  This is probably why the group has been silent.
--
Mark Nagel
UC Irvine, Department of Information and Computer Science

magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) (08/09/89)

In article <20565@paris.ics.uci.edu> nagel@paris.ics.uci.edu (Mark Nagel) writes:

>There was an announcement in news.config by the sysadmin of dhw68k
>(the site Roger posts from) last week stating that that system was
>going to be inoperational for a little while due to hardware
>problems.  This is probably why the group has been silent.

Thank you, Mark, for the information.  I recieved over 20 replys to my
original posting about this, from all over the country, all saying that
they hadn't seen anything either.

(another major trauma in my life....handled.   ;-)

And thanks to all who responded.  I trust that you can all relax now ;-)
--
	------------    ------------   ----------------------
	Ben Liberman    USENET         magik@chinet.chi.il.us

jones@optilink.UUCP (Marvin Jones) (08/11/89)

In article <9215@chinet.chi.il.us>, magik@chinet.chi.il.us (Ben Liberman) writes:
> In article <20565@paris.ics.uci.edu> nagel@paris.ics.uci.edu (Mark Nagel) writes:
> >going to be inoperational for a little while due to hardware
> >problems.  This is probably why the group has been silent.
>
> And thanks to all who responded.  I trust that you can all relax now ;-)

Not quite.  The fact remains that we have not received comp.binaries.mac for
_quite_ some time, if ever.  (Optilink has been on the net for over a year.)
I read comp.sys.mac daily, and would surely be following the binaries, too.
I think someone upstream from us is filtering this group.  Is there some way to
trace this?  Or to remotely pick up some of the postings?