[comp.sys.mac] Another SIMM-ple question

ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (08/08/89)

As I noted in an earlier post, I'm looking to upgrade my Mac II to 5 megs.  I'm
looking into the generic chip merchants, and have gotten a few recommendations.

Has anyone had any experience with Dove memory?  It's more expensive to order
it from MacConnection than to get "generic" memory, but MacConnection's always
done right by me.  Is there any advantage to getting memroy from a "name" brand
like Dove?  They only have a 90-day guarantee, so that's not so good.

Any info appreciated.

Robert
******
ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu
*****************************
generic disclaimer: all my opinions are mine

kent@sunfs3.camex.uucp (Kent Borg) (08/11/89)

In article <4880@tank.uchicago.edu> ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>As I noted in an earlier post, I'm looking to upgrade my Mac II to 5 megs.  I'm
>looking into the generic chip merchants, and have gotten a few recommendations.

Let me add one.

I have so far put a couple of hours on a nice set of surface mount 1
meg SIMMs in my Mac Plus.  Amazing how much longer it takes to
power-on test 4 megs, but it sure is worth the wait.  I can run
MultiFinder!!

I got them at MacWorld from Microtech.  The installation instructions
have clear pictures (I didn't read the text) and they work.  They
don't throw in a torx driver, but they only charged me $109 a piece
(100ns I think they are).

Boring show, but I'm happy for the moment.

Kent Borg
kent@lloyd.uucp
or
...!husc6!lloyd!kent