[comp.sys.mac] GCC UltraDrives

gmw1@CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Gabe M Wiener) (08/10/89)

Has anyone had any experiences (either good or bad) with the GCC UltraDrive
series?   What are the access times?

By the way, what is the difference between the UltraDrive series and the
UltraDrive S series?

Thanks folks

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-\******/=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Gabe Wiener -- Columbia University   \****/ "It doesn't matter how sincere it
				      \**/   is, nor how heart-felt the spirit.
INTERNET: gmw1@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu  \/    Sentiment will not endear it.
BITNET:   gmw1@cunixc                  /\    What's important is the price."
COMPUSERVE: 72355,1226                /**\   		- Tom Lehrer
WUI: 650-117-9118                    /****\                  on gift giving
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-/******\=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

gford@nunki.usc.edu (Gregory Ford) (08/11/89)

gmw1@CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Gabe M Wiener) writes:

>By the way, what is the difference between the UltraDrive series and the
>UltraDrive S series?

Quoting the advertisment I just got in the mail Tuesday, the "S" is for
speed.  How fast you ask?

Let's see here...

The Ultradrive 80 has an average access time of 28ms
The Ultradrive 80S has an average access time of 19ms

There are other drive sizes listed in the brochure, but they all have
similiar (read + or - 1ms for the S series).

I don't know about reliability.  All facts quoted from this advertisement.
I am not, will not, could not, have not been associated with GCC Technologies.
(Maker of the drives)
* Greg Ford				GEnie:    G.FORD3		      *
* University of Southern California	Internet: gford%nunki.usc.edu@usc.edu *