[comp.sys.mac] PostScript Printing

eric@suns.UMD.EDU (Eric Smith) (08/11/89)

  I recently upgraded my Plus to system 6.0.2 and have been unable to
print PostScript files (generated within MSWord4 with the command-f or
command-k keystrokes) through a mainframe.  I had been using the
LaserPrep header file uploaded by Sigurd Meldal about a year ago (which is
currently archived as info-mac/misc/laserprep-65-postscript.txt in the
sumex archives).
 This header was left resident on a VAX system which was connected to
a PostScript printer.  I would simply upload my PS files (using VersaTerm
Kermit), append them to this header and send it to the printer. Obviously,
the new LaserPrep file is different so I need to replace the old one.
Has anyone out there created a new version?  I've made several attempts at
editing the Prep file myself, but since I'm not fluent in PostScript
this has been an exercise in futility.  Any hints or suggestions would
be appreciated.

Eric Smith
Internet -> eric@astro.umd.edu
SPAN     -> HRS::ERICSMITH
Eric Smith	Laboratory for Astronomy and Solar Physics
		Goddard Space Flight Center
internet:	eric@suns.umd.edu (128.8.251.51)
		esmith@nssdca.gsfc.nasa.gov (128.183.10.170)
uucp:		{umcp-cs,astrovax}!suns.umd.edu!eric
SPAN		HRS::ERICSMITH,SCIVAX::ESMITH

earleh@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Earle R. Horton) (08/11/89)

In article <5202@umd5.umd.edu> eric@suns.UMD.EDU (Eric Smith) writes:

>  I recently upgraded my Plus to system 6.0.2 and have been unable to
>print PostScript files (generated within MSWord4 with the command-f or
>command-k keystrokes) through a mainframe.  I had been using the
>LaserPrep header file uploaded by Sigurd Meldal about a year ago (which is
>currently archived as info-mac/misc/laserprep-65-postscript.txt in the
>sumex archives).

     You can get a copy of the new LaserPrep file by using command-k
in place of command-f.  This will cause the LaserWriter driver to
create a file containing the header followed by the postcript for your
document.  Simply edit the resulting file so it is just a header, and
use it to replace your mainframe copy of the header file.

     Alternately, you could probably use the older version of the
LaserWriter and LaserPrep files with System 6.0.2.

Earle R. Horton