[comp.sys.mac] Where can MPW be ordered?

peter@aucs.uucp (Peter Steele) (08/09/89)

Can MPW be ordered from someplace other than APDA. Someone here wants to
get the package but is not a member of APDA and isn't particularly interested
in joining. He just wants to get MPW so he can try out this Simula compiler
he got that requires MPW.

--
Peter Steele, Microcomputer Applications Analyst
Acadia University, Wolfville, NS, Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121

earleh@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Earle R. Horton) (08/10/89)

In article <1989Aug9.112402.9102@aucs.uucp> peter@aucs.uucp
(Peter Steele) writes:
>Can MPW be ordered from someplace other than APDA. Someone here wants to
>get the package but is not a member of APDA and isn't particularly interested
>in joining. He just wants to get MPW so he can try out this Simula compiler
>he got that requires MPW.

     MPW can be obtained by purchasing TML Pascal II.  I got my copy for
$115 from MacConnection.  You get full manuals for MPW with it.  The Pascal
compiler is nice, too.  You can also get MPW bundled with Aztec C, but that
package may not include manuals.

     The Simula compiler, if it's Lund, requires the MPW Assembler.  You
have to get the Assembler from APDA, unfortunately.  The compiler compiles
your Simula source to assembler.

Earle R. Horton

denbeste@bgsuvax.UUCP (William C. DenBesten) (08/10/89)

From article <1989Aug9.112402.9102@aucs.uucp>, by peter@aucs.uucp (Peter Steele):
> Can MPW be ordered from someplace other than APDA. Someone here wants to
> get the package but is not a member of APDA and isn't particularly interested
> in joining. He just wants to get MPW so he can try out this Simula compiler
> he got that requires MPW.

TML Pascal II comes with MPW 3.0 (the current version).  You can order
it from MacConnection for $115.00.  MPW without pascal from APDA is
$100.00.

--
William C. DenBesten   is   denbeste@bgsu.edu  or   denbesten@bgsuopie.bitnet

Douglas.Welch@f823.n102.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Douglas Welch) (08/14/89)

Bill,

Thanks for the info regarding MPW.  I do not have netmail so I couldn't
reply direct but I had to drop a line and say hello when I saw your name.

My Usenet address should appear on this message as well.

Tell Deb Hi!

Douglas Welch
Los Angeles, CA

--
Douglas Welch via cmhGate - Net 226 fido<=>uucp gateway Col, OH
UUCP: ...!osu-cis!n8emr!cmhgate!102!823!Douglas.Welch