[comp.sys.mac] comp.binaries.mac will resume in a few days...

bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com (Roger L. Long) (08/12/89)

As many of you have by now noticed, comp.binaries.mac has been silent for a
couple of weeks.  Well, it certainly wasn't by choice!  The machine that I
use to post articles has been down during this time; the hard disk containing
root, /usr/spool, and my home directory died, and it took awhile to get a
replacement.

So, with a new drive, 'dhw68k' has returned.  I'll resume posting in a few
days when two weeks worth of UUCP traffic and news has been caught up with.
The postings that I was making at the time, and any postings that I was
preparing at the time still haven't been restored; there seems to be some
problem with the incremental backups that were taken.  But I'm sure that I'll
find something to post.
--
	Roger L. Long
	bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (08/13/89)

In <25362@dhw68k.cts.com>, bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com (Roger L. Long) writes:
> As many of you have by now noticed, comp.binaries.mac has been silent for a
> couple of weeks.  Well, it certainly wasn't by choice!  The machine that I
> use to post articles has been down during this time; the hard disk containing
> root, /usr/spool, and my home directory died, and it took a while to get a
> replacement.

	Roger,

		why not recruit one or two other people to share
	the moderator duties and one or two other sites to serve as
	originating sites for sources and binaries?   It's really
	not a good idea to depend on (the health of) just one moderator
	and one machine ....

					Cheers,		---Werner
--
      ----------->   PREFERED RETURN-ADDRESS FOLLOWS   <--------------

  (ARPA)    werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu   (Internet: 128.83.144.1)
  (UUCP)    ..!utastro!werner   or  ..!uunet!rascal.ics.utexas.edu!werner

pasek@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Michael A. Pasek) (08/14/89)

In article <25362@dhw68k.cts.com> bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com (Roger L. Long) writes:
>As many of you have by now noticed, comp.binaries.mac has been silent for a
>couple of weeks.

   Boy, did we ever......

>So, with a new drive, 'dhw68k' has returned.
>	Roger L. Long
>	bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com

   Welcome back....during the absence of comp.binaries.mac, I was reminded of
an old Joni Mitchell song - "Big Yellow Taxi" - with the words:
  "Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone"

M. A. Pasek          Switching Software Development         NCR Comten, Inc.
(612) 638-7668              CNG Development               2700 N. Snelling Ave.
pasek@c10sd3.StPaul.NCR.COM                               Roseville, MN  55113