[comp.sys.mac] Ordering SIMMs in the states and sending them to Europe

roh@gmdzi.UUCP (Peter Rohleder ) (08/14/89)

Does anyone know if one of those shops(Chip merchant and all other mentioned)
who sell cheap 1MB SIMMS(100 ns preferable) are willing to accept payment
by Creditcard and to deliver these SIMMS to Europe.

Maybe this would be a good deal for them cause the prices in Europe usually
much higher and many people would like to order SIMMS in the states.

And what about x-raying these SIMMs when sending them by airmail ?

Has anybody in Europe been successfull in ordering chips in this way ?

Peter Rohleder

roh@gmdzi.uucp

CHEE77@elroy.uh.edu (Fred Schulz) (08/15/89)

In article <1208@gmdzi.UUCP>, roh@gmdzi.UUCP (Peter Rohleder ) writes:
> Does anyone know if one of those shops(Chip merchant and all other mentioned)
> who sell cheap 1MB SIMMS(100 ns preferable) are willing to accept payment
> by Creditcard and to deliver these SIMMS to Europe.

I just called Technology Works to check this. I ordered 2 megs from them
last week and got them today. They will take credit cards and ship overseas
no problem. (800) 622-2210 or (512) 794-8533. Lifetime guarantee, 30 day
money back guarantee, $15 for each old 256K SIMM (120 ns), and current price
of $114. The international salesperson had gone for the day so they weren't
sure how much for shipping.

Address:	4030 Braker Lane West, Austin, Texas 78759