[comp.sys.mac] Apple HD40 SC

jnoh@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US (Jay Noh) (08/12/89)

I have a Mac SE with a 40Meg HD that won't start-up (90 times out of 100).
I know some others that have the same problem.
Does Apple ackowledges this problem?

Also, I would like to know the average access time on the HD40 SC.

--
Compuserve	: 72437,1040

kingman@tci.UUCP (Matt) (08/15/89)

jnoh@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US (Jay Noh) writes:

>I have a Mac SE with a 40Meg HD that won't start-up (90 times out of 100).
>I know some others that have the same problem.
>Does Apple ackowledges this problem?

I'm not sure, but if it's more than 90 days old....
I have the same problem with my Mac II and HD40 SC.  It's been very
stubborn lately (99 times out of 100), unfortunately, it's almost a year
old.  Soon it will be replaced by a Quantum ProDrive.

>Also, I would like to know the average access time on the HD40 SC.

About 25-28msec.

I have no affiliation with the aforementioned products or companies, just
speaking from personal experience.......

/Matt