[comp.sys.mac] Mac II screen capture

clubmac@runx.ips.oz (Macintosh Users Group) (09/26/87)

Does anyone know of a way of saving any portion of the Mac II screen to a file?

Thanks in advance,
Jason Haines, President

Club Mac Macintosh Users Group, Sydney, Australia
Phone Home: +61-02-73-4444
Snail:      Box 213, Holme Building, Sydney University, NSW, 2006, Australia
ACSnet:     clubmac@runx.ips.oz	   ARPA:   clubmac%runx.ips.oz@seismo.css.gov
UUCP:{enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,seismo,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!runx.ips.oz!clubmac

jww@sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU (Joel West) (09/28/87)

In article <1123@runx.ips.oz>, clubmac@runx.ips.oz (Macintosh Users Group) writes:
> Does anyone know of a way of saving any portion of the Mac II screen to a file?

Apple's FKEY #3 will save as a MacPaint file in 2-color mode.  It rotates
a standard screen 90 degrees and might give up on a very large screen.

Without getting blatantly commercial, I would note that Color SaveScreen
(one of four programs that comprise Colorizer from Palomar Software)
captures the current screen in 2, 4, 16 or 256-color mode.  It will
work with any size screen or combination of screens, and also works
on pre-Mac II machines.  The result is a PICT file, which can be
edited by any of the color painting programs out there.  (We
also supply a program than can print it.)
--
	Joel West  (c/o UCSD)
	Palomar Software, Inc., P.O. Box 2635, Vista, CA  92083

mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) (09/28/87)

In article <1123@runx.ips.oz>, clubmac@runx.ips.oz (Macintosh Users Group) writes:

> Does anyone know of a way of saving any portion of the Mac II screen to a file?
   Of course the standard screen dump (command-shift-3) works on the Mac II
BUT only in 1 bit per pixel mode. I've had good success with Colorizer from
Palomar Software (Joel West and company). Their package provides a number of
useful tools, including screen snapshot and printing FKEYS which work on
the Mac II with multibit per pixel. I don't have their number handy but will
post it in a day or two. The package is $49 and includes the FKEYs, a CDEV
for the control panel which lets you colorize the user interface and more
exciting stuff, and a program which lets you edit PICT files and colorize
the elements making up the picture for those exciting startup screens.
I'm sure I left something out but it looks like a handy tool to have around,
especially for those screen snapshots.
David Gelphman   daveg%slacvm.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu

mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) (09/29/87)

In article <2050@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU>, mrh@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Marc Hannah) writes:
> In article <1123@runx.ips.oz>, clubmac@runx.ips.oz (Macintosh Users Group) writes:
> >
> > Does anyone know of a way of saving any portion of the Mac II screen to a file?
>    Of course the standard screen dump (command-shift-3) works on the Mac II
> BUT only in 1 bit per pixel mode. I've had good success with Colorizer from
> Palomar Software (Joel West and company). Their package provides a number of
    The number for Palomar Software, makers of Colorizer is 619-727-3922.
Colorizer is the only program currently available which supports screen
dumps of screens with multiple bitplanes. Hope this helps someone.

David Gelphman  daveg%slacvm.bitnet@forsythe.stanford.edu

iradx7@pawl.rpi.edu (Ira Lee) (08/15/89)

Hello.
I have a Mac II with a Sigma designs Laserview monitor.  Is there a way
for me to capture a part of my screen as a graphic file at any time?
I've tried Apples built in Screen capture thing and also the Camera
da i've ftped from local sites..but they produce distorted macpaint files
of twisted segments of different parts of my screen.  Anybody with
a mac II been able to do this?
bye!
.
:wq!

See you.
iradx7@pawl.rpi.edu

truesdel@ics.uci.edu (Scott Truesdell) (08/16/89)

iradx7@pawl.rpi.edu (Ira Lee) writes:

>...  Is there a way
>for me to capture a part of my screen as a graphic file at any time?

Exposure from Preferred Publishers is the premier screen capture
utility. It works in color and has extensive sophisticated selection
and editing functions.

I'm in no way connected with the product, but it sure looked cool in
Boston.

  --scott

--
Scott Truesdell