[comp.sys.mac] Wanted Mandelbrot programs for MACII.

rif_xu@eds.ericsson.se (08/15/89)

One of the most magnificent graphics one can look at are Mandelbrot and
fractals plots. I need help about Mandelbrot and fractal generators for
a MacII (256 colors). Are there any good such programs:PD/SW preferably.

How about 3-D fractal generators?

Sigge Ruschkowski in Sweden

kjr@kkeka1.ericsson.se

jnh@ecemwl.ncsu.edu (Joseph N. Hall) (08/16/89)

In article <2267@eds.ericsson.se> rif_xu@eds.ericsson.se writes:
>One of the most magnificent graphics one can look at are Mandelbrot and
>fractals plots. I need help about Mandelbrot and fractal generators for
>a MacII (256 colors). Are there any good such programs:PD/SW preferably.

Dave Platt's MandelZot is absolutely OUTSTANDING ... you can't find much
better Mac software that you pay for, and it is free ...  I dunno,
I've always thought we ought to send Dave a medal (or a substantial cash
gift) for this one.  You can get it from a variety of sources, including
the sumex archives.

v   v sssss|| joseph hall                      || 4116 Brewster Drive
 v v s   s || jnh@ecemwl.ncsu.edu (Internet)   || Raleigh, NC  27606
  v   sss  || SP Software/CAD Tool Developer, Mac Hacker and Keyboardist
-----------|| Disclaimer: NCSU may not share my views, but is welcome to.

trebor@biar.UUCP (Robert J Woodhead) (08/16/89)

rif_xu@eds.ericsson.se writes:

>One of the most magnificent graphics one can look at are Mandelbrot and
>fractals plots. I need help about Mandelbrot and fractal generators for
>a MacII (256 colors). Are there any good such programs:PD/SW preferably.

Mandelcolor (by yours truly) does what you want.  Shareware, donations
go to charity.  Available all over, or send me a SASE and a floppy disk
(50 cents postage) and I'll send you the program, doco, and source code.

--
(^;-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-;^)
Robert J Woodhead, Biar Games, Inc.   !uunet!biar!trebor | trebor@biar.UUCP

sobiloff@thor.acc.stolaf.edu (Craig D. Rice, St. Olaf College) (08/16/89)

[I tried to mail this but it bounced all over the place...]

Sigge,
	There are several sw/pd fractal programs out, but by far the best
is MandelZot 2.0.  It is VERY fast, displays in 256 colors, and allows you
to create custom color look-up (CLUT) tables for your images.  It is available
via anonymous ftp at sumex-aim.stanford.edu, or, if you can't ftp from
Sweden I could mail you the program.
	Oh, BTW: MandelZot 2.0 doesn't do Julia sets or 3D (yet; it's
promised in possible future versions, but the product is going commercial
in a few months and pd updates might take a back seat for a while).  I
don't know what (if any) Mac programs will do this...
							Blake
sobiloff@thor.acc.stolaf.edu

* Blake "Hey, where's *MY* fancy .signature?" Sobiloff *