[comp.sys.mac] Connectix VIRTUAL Enhanced!!!

phil@vaxphw.dec.com (Phil Hunt) (08/10/89)

Hi,

I just got back from MacWorld.....Bought a 150-meg tape backup for $895.
Nice deal...but anyway,....

I just went over to the Connectix booth, you know, the ones who use the PMMU
to do Virtual memory up to 8 meg on a 1 meg Mac II system by using your hard
disk for paging....

I have been using their product on a 2-meg Mac II for months now with no
problems.  My Mac thinks it has 8 meg....

BUT NOW THE NEWS!!

You can now have up to 15-meg on a 1-meg mac!  Yes, I saw the finder say that
the (2-meg) Mac II they had at the show had 14080K  !!!!!!!!

The upgrade will AUTOMATICALLY be sent to all registered Virtual users in late
Sept...

They include a CDEV now to position WHERE you want the paging file and HOW BIG
you want it...So you do HAVE TO HAVE 15-meg if you dont want (hehe)

Connectix is a great company.....with a GREAT PRODUCT...
Phil Hunt                      "Wherever you go, there you are!!!"
Digital Equipment Corporation                 Phone: (508)486-2164
ENET:        VAXPHW::PHIL
USENET:      phil@vaxphw.dec.com
MOREUSENET:  phil%vaxphw.dec@decwrl.dec.com
EVENMORE:    ....!decwrl!dec-vaxphw!phil

peirce@claris.com (Michael Peirce) (08/11/89)

In article <4007@shlump.nac.dec.com> phil@vaxphw.dec.com (Phil Hunt) writes:

>BUT NOW THE NEWS!!
>
>You can now have up to 15-meg on a 1-meg mac!  Yes, I saw the finder say that
>the (2-meg) Mac II they had at the show had 14080K  !!!!!!!!
>
>The upgrade will AUTOMATICALLY be sent to all registered Virtual users in late
>Sept...
>
>They include a CDEV now to position WHERE you want the paging file and HOW BIG
>you want it...So you do HAVE TO HAVE 15-meg if you dont want (hehe)
>
>Connectix is a great company.....with a GREAT PRODUCT...
>Phil Hunt                      "Wherever you go, there you are!!!"
>Digital Equipment Corporation                 Phone: (508)486-2164
>ENET:        VAXPHW::PHIL
>USENET:      phil@vaxphw.dec.com
>MOREUSENET:  phil%vaxphw.dec@decwrl.dec.com
>EVENMORE:    ....!decwrl!dec-vaxphw!phil

Does this work with TMON or Macsbug yet?

Claris Corp. | Michael R. Peirce
-------------+--------------------------------------
             | 5201 Patrick Henry Drive MS-C4
             | Box 58168
             | Santa Clara, CA 95051-8168
             | (408) 987-7319
             | AppleLink: peirce1
             | Internet:  peirce@claris.com
             | uucp:      {ames,decwrl,apple,sun}!claris!peirce

phil@vaxphw.dec.com (Phil Hunt) (08/11/89)

In article <10477@claris.com>, peirce@claris.com (Michael Peirce) writes...
}In article <4007@shlump.nac.dec.com> phil@vaxphw.dec.com (Phil Hunt) writes:
}>
}>BUT NOW THE NEWS!!
}>
}
}Does this work with TMON or Macsbug yet?
}
}Claris Corp. | Michael R. Peirce
}-------------+--------------------------------------

Yes, it does...Latest TMON as well as MacsBug 6.1, which will even display the
MMU registers!!!

ngg@bridge2.ESD.3Com.COM (Norman Goodger) (08/17/89)

In article <10477@claris.com> peirce@claris.com (Michael Peirce) writes:

>Does this work with TMON or Macsbug yet?
>Claris Corp. | Michael R. Peirce

Perhaps the question should be; have the Debuggers been re-written to work
with Virtual memory, not the other way around?

--
Norm Goodger				SysOp - MacInfo BBS @415-795-8862
3Com Corp.				Co-SysOp FreeSoft RT - GEnie.