[comp.sys.mac] Data transfer Apple ][ -> Mac, IBM PC

stouder@cmu.unige.ch (08/15/89)

I have an Apple ][e. I'd like to read data which are on 5.25'' diskette
with a Macintosh or an IBM PC. How to do that ?
Thanks.
Alan Stouder.

lauac@mead.qal.berkeley.edu (Alexander Lau) (08/17/89)

There are many ways to transfer files from the Apple II to the
IBM PC and Macintosh, but few when you want to do it by 5.25" disk.

There are boards out for PCs that allow them to read and write and
run programs off of Apple II DOS 3.3-format disks. That's all I can
think of right now. Nothing for the Mac, if all you want to do is
use the 5.25" disks.

jinli@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (Jin Tonic Li) (08/17/89)

In article <32@cmu.unige.ch> stouder@cmu.unige.ch writes:
>I have an Apple ][e. I'd like to read data which are on 5.25'' diskette
>with a Macintosh or an IBM PC. How to do that ?
>Thanks.
>Alan Stouder.

If your files were created under Apple DOS, you can use Apple TurnOver
plus a special board for the PC to convert those files to IBM format.
Then, you can use TOPS to transfer them to Mac.

I you used ProDOS, you can use its utililty to convert files to Apple DOS
format first before carrying out steps mentioned above.

--
  		    Jin Li		      >>     Gin & Tonic mix well
   University of Toronto Computing Services  <<       No bugs, no bucks