[comp.sys.mac] identical replies to a single message

adam@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Adam Glass) (08/17/89)

While it is annoying simply to post an article just to contradict or correct
someone, what is currently happening is even more annoying than that.

Please, please, read all of the posted news before you respond to an article.
Someone posted a question: "Why can't I use DA's with multifinder?" I knew the
answer. I'll bet most of the people here knew the answer. And someone posted
it. Good! But lots of other people posted answers, not having noticed that
someone had already posted a response. If you read to the end of the articles,
and THEN reply, you'll see if there's already been an answer to that question.

So SAVE BANDWIDTH (and netload) and check to see if someone has already
answered. Oh yes... and if you must flame me for this request, please do
it via email and save the ears of other net'ers... thanks.

Adam
--
"Offer me anything I ask for..."      (mail address in message header)
"Anything you want."

) (08/17/89)

In article <504@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU> adam@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Adam Glass) writes:
>So SAVE BANDWIDTH (and netload) and check to see if someone has already
>answered. Oh yes... and if you must flame me for this request, please do
>it via email and save the ears of other net'ers... thanks.

Aheum... The average delay before a post reaches YOUR site is 17 hours.
I always check that no one else has said the same thing, but since I don't
get what someone in (for instance) Iowa has written one hour ago until
several hours later, there is a chance of several people replying at the
same logical time, each other unaware.

To SAVE BANDWIDTH, think before you flame (Oh, help, I'm gonna get flamed
now !!)

h+@nada.kth.se

--
This is your fortune from h+@nada.kth.se:
Excellent time to become a missing person.