[comp.sys.mac] Securing SE and IIcx

kiyun@mirror.UUCP (KiYun Roe) (08/17/89)

I'm interested in ways to secure an SE (w/ external hard disk) and IIcx
(w/ Full Page Display) to a desk.  I'm interested in discouraging the
quick and easy theft and not necessarily thwarting blow torches and
bolt cutters.  I'm looking along the lines of the Kensington Security
Kit, but I'd appreciate hearing about other inexpensive kits.

----
KiYun Roe	kiyun@mirror.TMC.COM
		{mit-eddie, pyramid, harvard!wjh12, xait, datacube}!mirror!kiyun
Mirror Systems	2067 Massachusetts Avenue  Cambridge, MA  02140
Telephone:	617-661-0777 Ext. 140

scb1@tank.uchicago.edu (Sam Blackman) (08/18/89)

In article <29917@mirror.UUCP> kiyun@prism.TMC.COM (KiYun Roe) writes:
>I'm interested in ways to secure an SE (w/ external hard disk) and IIcx
>(w/ Full Page Display) to a desk.  I'm interested in discouraging the
>quick and easy theft and not necessarily thwarting blow torches and
>bolt cutters.  I'm looking along the lines of the Kensington Security
>Kit, but I'd appreciate hearing about other inexpensive kits.
>
>----
>KiYun Roe	kiyun@mirror.TMC.COM
>		{mit-eddie, pyramid, harvard!wjh12, xait, datacube}!mirror!kiyun
>Mirror Systems	2067 Massachusetts Avenue  Cambridge, MA  02140
>Telephone:	617-661-0777 Ext. 140

Way back - when Apple used to sell a security kit for Macs, they purchased
them from a company called Grimes.  Now that Apple doesn't sell these
security kits anymore, Grimes is selling them independantly - they are the
exact same kit that Apple used to sell, so you know that it's got to be OK.
I'm not sure whether or not your local mail order house would carry
these, but just figured I'd let you know.

--
Samuel C. Blackman         ! InterNet : scb1@tank.uchicago.edu ! Link : ST0426
Apple Student Rep.         ! Disclaimer : Does anybody really care what I'm