[comp.sys.mac] IICX and 3-d software question

lim@prls.UUCP (Fredric Lim) (08/18/89)

We just got a Mac IICX and I am having problems getting it to
read a floppy initialized on an IBM-PS2 50 floppy drive.  The
floppy was initialized as single sided (ie 720K).  I thought
that the IICX should be able to read MS-DOS floppies.  Am I
doing something wrong?  Should I be running the File Exchange
Program first?  I don't see much documentation for this feature.

A second question concerns a program that can draw 3-d plots.
I've heard there is software called DScience (not too sure of
the name) that is coming out or is already out.  Has anyone heard
of this program?  How good is it compared to what is available on
Systat or Mathematica?  I'll be happy to summarize results.

Thanks in advance for your help

---
Fredric J. Lim
     UUCP:  uunet!pyramid!prls!lim
     Voice: (408) 991-5461
     _
    (o)    It's time to change a lightbulb

dorourke@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (David M. O'Rourke) (08/18/89)

lim@prls.UUCP (Fredric Lim) writes:
>that the IICX should be able to read MS-DOS floppies.  Am I
>doing something wrong?  Should I be running the File Exchange
>Program first?  I don't see much documentation for this feature.

 If you don't have the "DosMounter" init from Dyna system {sp/name??} then
yes you do need to run File Exchange before you can read Dos disks.  The
finder doesn't have the build in ability to read Dos disks.

  Hope this helps.
--
David M. O'Rourke____________________|_____________dorourke@polyslo.calpoly.edu