[comp.sys.mac] Command-Q for shut down

nedludd@ut-emx.UUCP (charles s. geiger, esq.) (08/18/89)

I don't understand:  I've had Command-Q for Shut Down for a couple
of years now, and I've never accidentally shut down my Mac.  But it
apparently happens with a lot of folks all the time.

See what on-site drug use will do to coordination?  Remember:
leave the stuff at home!!!

cheers, from
charles s. geiger, esq.

sobiloff@thor.acc.stolaf.edu (Blake Sobiloff) (08/18/89)

In article <17239@ut-emx.UUCP> nedludd@ut-emx.UUCP (charles s. geiger, esq.) writes:
>I don't understand:  I've had Command-Q for Shut Down for a couple
>of years now, and I've never accidentally shut down my Mac.  But it
>apparently happens with a lot of folks all the time.

Just FYI: Apple's human interface guidelines specifically prohibit the
Command-Q option for ShutDown...  Least common denominator and such...
							Blake

* Blake "Hey, where's *MY* fancy .signature?" Sobiloff *
*             sobiloff@thor.acc.stolaf.edu             *