[comp.sys.mac] Color Screen Dumps

u545731798ea@deneb.ucdavis.edu (L. Greg DeMichillie) (10/27/88)

In article <65853@felix.UUCP> kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) writes:
>In article <40838@yale-celray.yale.UUCP> spohrer-james@yale.UUCP writes:
>>From: James Spohrer <spohrer-james>
>>
>>How do I get a 19'' snapshot with menus pulled down?
>>
>>-Jim Spohrer
>>-------
>
>Check the manual that came with your monitor. The E-Machines manual says that
>Command-shift-3 displays a frame which you position to frame what you want to
>save. The implication is that you can only get a small Mac screen.
>
>Unfortunately that doesn't work on the Mac II. I only get the upper left
>corner, so I'd have to position the window appropriately, or try to get
>what I'm trying to capture to reside in the upper left corner of the screen.

Actually, the best way to take screen shots with a Mac II is to use a nifty
FKEY called ColorImageFKEY.  The source code appeared in the Feb 88 issue
of MacTutor (in Lightspeed Pascal form).

What ColorImage does is to replace the standard Command-Shift-3 FKEY with one
that allows snapshots of either the active window or the entire screen and
creates color images on a Mac II.  It also prompts you for the name of the
file to create instead of just naming them SCREEN0, SCREEN1 etc...

The other good news is that the files created are PICT files which means you
can import them into PixelPaint, MS PowerPoint, MacDraw II etc...

I have the compiled code and could post it to comp.binaries.mac if someone
would e-mail instructions on how to do it.

-----
L. Greg DeMichillie               "How much is a Jasmine hard disk *without*
Apple Student Rep - UC Davis              the keyboard?"
lgdemichillie@ucdavis.edu          - Weird computer customer question of
AppleLink: ST0178                         the week

Disclaimer: If you've seen one disclaimer, you've seen them all.

jfm@ruddles.sprl.umich.edu.engin.umich.edu (John F. Mansfield) (05/19/89)

Hi there, sorry if you have seen this posting before, but I have not
received any answers to this problem so I am asking again.
Has anyone got a RELIABLE way of producing dumps of the screen to a
PICT file?  PICT2 that is, I want to do an article where I describe
processing an image with the help of screen dumps of various stages
of the process.  I really need something like camara that lets me
set a delay before dumping the screen image to disk.  It MUST be
multi-monitor aware.  Am I asking too much?
PLease dont suggest the application Dumper, unless there has been a
major upgrade.  I can only get it to dump the menubar and currently
active window using the color dump to disk fkey.  I seem to have tried
all the alternatives and it doesnt work for me so are there any other
options.

Thanks Very Much.

Jfm

John Mansfield
University of Michigan
North Campus Electron Microbeam Analysis Laboratory 2455 Hayward, Ann Arbor,
Michigan 48109-2143. 313-936-3352
Internet: jfm@ruddles.sprl.umich.edu or john_mansfield.um.cc.umich.edu

Allon.Stern@SOLARVAX.UMD.EDU (08/16/89)

Someone (sorry, forgot who) mentioned a product called Exposure, by
Preferred Publishers.  Does anybody have a phone number for that company?
We're VERY interested in getting that product.  Thanks.

                             - -= Allon =- -

 This is a test of the emergency signature system.  Were this an actual
 signature, you would see amusing mottos or edifying philisophical statements.
 This is only a test.

truesdel@ics.uci.edu (Scott Truesdell) (08/17/89)

Preferred Publishers, Inc.
5100 Poplar Avenue,   Suite 617
Memphis, Tennessee  38137

(800) 446-6393

The program you want is "Exposure".

I'd try MacConnection, Programs Plus, or MacWarehouse first, as their
prices are sure to be cheaper than the publishers and you will probably
get it delivered quicker.

  --scott

--
Scott Truesdell

truesdel@ics.uci.edu (Scott Truesdell) (08/17/89)

Preferred Publishers, Inc.
5100 Poplar Avenue,   Suite 617
Memphis, Tennessee  38137

(800) 446-6393

The program you want is " Strosure".

truesdel@ics.uci.edu (Scott Truesdell) (08/19/89)

>Preferred Publishers, Inc.
>5100 Poplar Avenue,   Suite 617
>Memphis, Tennessee  38137

>(800) 446-6393

>The program you want is " Strosure".

I don't know what garbled things up, but the product is called "Exposure".

Scott Truesdell
--
Scott Truesdell