[comp.sys.mac] Imagewriter file

louis@aerospace.aero.org (Louis M. McDonald) (08/18/89)

I have a program that generates Imagewriter files on a UNIX machine.
I would like to FTP the files to my Mac and "push" them to the imagewriter.

Is there such a beast (similar to sendps for postscript printers from Adobe)

Louis McDonald
The Aerospace Corporation

--
Louis McDonald
The Aerospace Corporation

parent@apple.com (Sean Parent) (08/19/89)

In article <56158@aerospace.AERO.ORG> louis@aerospace.aero.org (Louis M.
McDonald) writes:
> I have a program that generates Imagewriter files on a UNIX machine.
> I would like to FTP the files to my Mac and "push" them to the
imagewriter.

> Is there such a beast (similar to sendps for postscript printers from
Adobe)

What format is the file in? If it is raw data then any terminal emulator
should be able to send the data. If it is an ImageWriter Spool File then a
spooler such as the Grappler Spooler from Orange Micro would be able to
send the file (SuperSpool from SuperMac would probably work also but I
have never tried it). With about a 5 line program you could easily write
an application (or find someone to) to send an ImageWriter Spool File. It
would also be very little code if the file was just raw data.

Hope this helps.

Sean Parent