[comp.sys.mac] The future Mac rumors

gengler@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM (Kenneth Gengler) (08/19/89)

You'll have to pardon me if I'm bringing up a dead rumor.  I was
in the middle of moving and missed quite a bit of discussion.  All
I caught was the tail end of a rumor(?) about a 25MHz Mac.  Could
someone fill me in on the details or lack thereof?

Now that I have a "job" I have lots of things buy including a Mac.
If this rumor is true, I many buy some other things first and bide
my time.

Anyway, thanks for all info

Ken
--
-----
Ken Gengler              Internet:  gengler@tekigm2.men.tek.com

mjkobb@mit-amt.MEDIA.MIT.EDU (Michael J Kobb) (08/19/89)

In article <5847@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM> gengler@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM (Kenneth Gengler) writes:
>You'll have to pardon me if I'm bringing up a dead rumor.  I was
>in the middle of moving and missed quite a bit of discussion.  All
>I caught was the tail end of a rumor(?) about a 25MHz Mac.  Could
>someone fill me in on the details or lack thereof?

The machine is called the Mac IIci.  It has a 25MHz 68030 and a processor-direct
slot for cache memory (Apple is not encouraging developers to develop any peripherals
outside of cache memory for the slot, unfortunately; it would be nice if SE/030 cards
would work...
It also apparently has onboard oscillators for several monitor types, which should
make video less complicated for this machine.  Look through the past couple of
MacWeek's for a more complete description.
Its planned announcement date is the same as that of the Laptop, which is sometime
in September.

--Mike

Disclaimer:  I think that disclaimers are an incredibly sad statement about our
society.  Nonetheless, nothing I say here can or should be construed as having been
said by anyone.  Ever.