[comp.sys.mac] MacPlus + Sun SCSI disk

sid@friday.rtech.COM (Sid Shapiro) (08/19/89)

Hi folks,
I have some users with Mac Pluses.  I also have some spare Sun SCSI
shoeboxes.  Is there any hope of being able to cable these things to
gether and make them work?  Can I use the Apple HD formatter or am I
likely to need something else?  The disks are Micropolis 1325s Toshiba
MK156s, CDC WrenVs.
Thanks for any and all information.
/ Sid /

meldal@Shasta.STANFORD.EDU (Sigurd Meldal) (08/19/89)

In article <3413@rtech.rtech.com> sid@rtech.com (Sid Shapiro) writes:
>Hi folks,
>I have some users with Mac Pluses.  I also have some spare Sun SCSI
>shoeboxes.  Is there any hope of being able to cable these things to
>gether and make them work?  Can I use the Apple HD formatter or am I
>likely to need something else?  The disks are Micropolis 1325s Toshiba
>MK156s, CDC WrenVs.

I don't know about the Micropolis or Toshiba, but the driver software
for CDC wrens exists (I am running my MacII off a former Sun shoebox
right now). The driver software I am using was written by

Carl Nelson & Associates, Inc.
4327 Rucker Avenue
Everett, WA 98201
Phone: (206)  252-6897