[comp.sys.mac] Apple Desktop Media

gmw1@CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Gabe M Wiener) (08/18/89)

I just got the "Apple Desktop Media" videotape in the mail.  It's a pretty
slick promotional tape.  It's more or less an extension of that Helo-Car
commercial we've all seen day and night.

Question:  What is Apple Desktop Media anyway?  Is it just a promotional
term like "The Macintosh Office" was in 1985?  Or is it actually a product?
Just goes to show you that the tape isn't all that clear if I still don't
know what it is that they're selling.

Someone once mentioned an Apple Desktop Media CD-ROM.  Is there such a thing,
and if so, what's on it?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-\******/=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Gabe Wiener -- Columbia University   \****/   "This 'telephone' has too many
				      \**/    shortcomings to be seriously
INTERNET: gmw1@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu  \/     considered as a means of
BITNET:   gmw1@cunixc                  /\     communication.  The device is
CI$: 	  72355.1226@compuserve.com   /**\    inherently of no value to us."
WUI: 	  650-117-9118               /****\     - Western Union memo, 1877
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-/******\=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

briand@tekig4.LEN.TEK.COM (Brian Diehm) (08/19/89)

>I just got the "Apple Desktop Media" videotape in the mail.  It's a pretty
>slick promotional tape.  It's more or less an extension of that Helo-Car
>commercial we've all seen day and night.
>
>Question:  What is Apple Desktop Media anyway?  Is it just a promotional
>term like "The Macintosh Office" was in 1985?  Or is it actually a product?
>Just goes to show you that the tape isn't all that clear if I still don't
>know what it is that they're selling.

Guy Kawasaki comments that Apple's current marketing consists of using
"desktop" as an adjective. I think that sums up exactly what you've seen.

Succinctly.

--
-Brian Diehm
Tektronix, Inc.                (503) 627-3437         briand@tekig4.LEN.TEK.COM

kent@sunfs3.camex.uucp (Kent Borg) (08/21/89)

In article <8908180444.AA05503@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu> gmw1@CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Gabe M Wiener) writes:
>I just got the "Apple Desktop Media" videotape in the mail.  It's a pretty
>slick promotional tape.  It's more or less an extension of that Helo-Car
>commercial we've all seen day and night.

I recently got a brocure and a cover letter saying that here is the
information I requested--but no video tape.  I heard that they had
many more requests for the tape than they expected.  I wonder whether
they will run off some more, or whether they expect me to survive
without my own copy.

Kent Borg
kent@lloyd.uucp
or