[comp.sys.mac] Undocumented Result code -120. Help!

knaredd2@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Krishna) (08/21/89)

I am a recent Mac programmer. I am working with a HyperCard application which at one point uses a LSP routine to read from a file. The file is well formed
because it can be opened and read in Word.

Under some circumstances (to be mentioned below) the file acces routines are
returning a result code , -120. This result code is not listed in INSIDE
Mac volumes (1 to 5). Can some body out there help me out with this error?

This error occurs when I am running a HyperCard application with a stack size
of about 6 Megabytes (I tried it on a MAC II x with 4Meg and a Mac II with 5
Meg bytes). However, this does not happen when I run a smaller HyperCard application. Occassionally, on the Mac II, even the smaller applications end up with this error while attempting to read the file. (The file is 181 K and created by another LSP routine).

My first guess is that this error is due to the huge size of the application.
In support of my guess the error number -120 is in the proximity of
Memory Manager errors.

Thanks in advance,
krishna

Athos@cup.Portal.com (Rick Eames) (08/21/89)

In article <2159@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU> knaredd2@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (Krishna)
writes:
> Under some circumstances (to be mentioned below) the file acces routines
are
> returning a result code , -120. This result code is not listed in INSIDE
> Mac volumes (1 to 5). Can some body out there help me out with this
error?

A -120 code is a Directory not found (DirNFErr) Error.

Rick Eames