[comp.sys.mac] Readership of comp.sys.mac

ra_bt@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (08/18/89)

COMP.SYS.MAC seems to be one of the most active newsgroups.  Anyone have
any idea of the number of people who read this newsgroup?  (I'm interested
in finding out size of readership of NetNews for a paper I'm preparing)

					Bill Tsang
					RA_BT@gsbacd.uchicago.edu

halliday@cheddar.cc.ubc.ca (Laura Halliday) (08/18/89)

In article <5039@tank.uchicago.edu> ra_bt@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>COMP.SYS.MAC seems to be one of the most active newsgroups.  Anyone have
>any idea of the number of people who read this newsgroup?

The most recent data I've seen (see news.lists, etc.) is that approximately
40000 people read comp.sys.mac. This is 10th on the list; rec.humor.funny
is at the top with 69000, while misc.jobs.offered is second with 59000.

...laura

blythedr@ingr.com (Dennis Blythe x6096) (08/22/89)

in article <5039@tank.uchicago.edu>, ra_bt@gsbacd.uchicago.edu says:

> COMP.SYS.MAC seems to be one of the most active newsgroups.  Anyone have
> any idea of the number of people who read this newsgroup?  (I'm interested
> in finding out size of readership of NetNews for a paper I'm preparing)

Hope its not too late, if you haven't gotten any info, there is a Newsgroup
called  news.lists that tells about readership. Here's what it says about
comp.sys.mac.,

 news.lists

uunet.UU.NET

         No. of        $ Cost  % of  Cumulative
Rank  Kbytes Articles per Site Total  % of Total  Group (Articles/contributor)

 17   855.4     820      2.14  1.2%    30.5%     comp.sys.mac (1.9)

                            \
                             \            ingr!b11!skylark!dennis
                              \           Dennis Blythe
    Insert quotation           \          Intergraph
         here                   \         (205)-772-6096
                                 \        USA
                                  \