[comp.sys.mac] WHILE WE ARE TALKING ABOU

bernard.becker@canremote.uucp (BERNARD BECKER) (08/20/89)

Simple solution: Move to Canada
While we pay more for the machine up front. We get a 1 year full
Applecare warranty courtesy of Apple Canada.
Road taxes are part of Municipal taxes and don' depend on your your car.
Registration costs me $90/yr.
Automatic weapons are stricty prohibited here.
3 good reasons for moving north.
From the land of good clean air and dieing lakes..
I remain
<<BB>>
---
 * Via ProDoor 3.01R

d88-jwa@nada.kth.se (Reply via mail or intl. +46 8 258 268...) (08/23/89)

In article <89082121295759@masnet.uucp> bernard.becker@canremote.uucp (BERNARD BECKER) writes:
>Simple solution: Move to Canada

Move to Sweden!

>While we pay more for the machine up front. We get a 1 year full
>Applecare warranty courtesy of Apple Canada.

We also get one full-year warranty. The GOOD thing, though, is that
through new laws, anything that's sold new here has to work for at
least two years or you get a replacement free of charge. Not many
people know this, especially not the shops...

[...]
>3 good reasons for moving north.

The same applies here. AND we have an OVERWHELMING shortage of labour here
for the moment (as opposed to 5 years ago, when unemployment was something
like 10%...)

--
This is your fortune from h+@nada.kth.se:
There will be a Door, and the Door will be the Way.